Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Bottom Paint




This weekend we had some unseasonably warm temps and that allowed me to jump on some bottom ant-fouling. I was able to get two coats on and paint under 4 of the 7 support pads.  When I launch depending on weather, I may be able to get a third coat but more importantly, coat under the remaining pads and the bottom of the keel that are just not accessible right now.


 The next week should also be nice so I may be able to get a few more outside things done.  I received the stand up blocks so I can mount those.  I only ordered 2 but really need 2 more.  I will wait and switch them out next year.  The other two are serviceable and on only on the topping lift and spinnaker halyard.  They either don't move much or not at all right now.



I also need to attach the dorade boxes and anchor chain stop.  I need one more clam vent for the interior.  I have to bolt up the water tank, which is still empty but we are getting ready to go.  Before and after photos are so rewarding.



No comments:

Post a Comment