Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Stove Top Stuffing



 I purchased a used galley stove that arrived this week.  A new to me, Origo 3000 alcohol stove arrived and caused me to think about how I would use it.  This would dictate how I install it.  I never plan on cooking while underway so gimbals would not be required.  The existing stove opening is very large for this unit. 






 I constructed a shelf for the stove that raises it up to a working level.  Under the shelf the supports split the area into two areas for plate, bowl and cup storage.  There is still a large area behind the stove to store bottles and extra Alcohol. The stove is attached to the shelf and there is enough room to open the top to fill the canisters.


 



 I took the time today to tidy up the wiring runs and make it look right.  The first mate helped by getting into the tighter areas.  They say that the wires should not be run in bundles like this as they can generate too much heat and do more damage if one burns up.  I hope that is in extreme cases only as I can see no other way to get these wires up to the control panel.

 I removed the shelf that I had installed previously so I could make a cut out for the garbage can.  Removal of the garbage can will give me access to the sink drain thru hull.

No comments:

Post a Comment