Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Graphics

I received and applied the graphics for the boat.  The NC registration numbers for both sides of the bow and the name for the stern.  No home port yet.  Still not sure where.  I did commit to the insurance company though.  It was difficult to find anyone interested in insuring a 1969 boat. 



The insurance quotes ranges from very low to very high with the biggest variable being where you planned on sailing.  So I hope to have a lower end cost in  a defined cruising area.  It did require a condition and valuation survey.  I had the surveyor out on Monday to provide the required report. 


Lets hope that works out to be a fair assessment of the quality and structural integrity.  Too busy right now to go look for marinas.  Maybe over the holidays.  2 addition stand up blocks have been ordered.  The next big thing is to get the trailer off it's blocks and the mast out of the basement. Once the trailer is movable I plan on pulling it out of the cover and then using the structure of the cover, along with block and tackle, to raise the mast up and then slide the boat back underneath.  On the inside I have just been cleaning up.  I did find a nice floor rug that fits.


No comments:

Post a Comment