Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Almost There.....


 The Dinghy is just about wrapped up.  I have some more fasteners on order.   Very frustrating that I have to order from 2 different sources and have two shipping costs.  JD only lets you order in boxes of 100.  Not the best solution when you only need 20 of something and the other place has only a limited selection.  I have decided to anchor the bow and stern seat with clips at the hidden (back) side.  I will use the new table brackets I just received as they are way too big for the table attachment I was planning.  That will cover the stern, then I just need something for the bow.  All the other hardware is in and the center seat is in. I refinished the port birth side strips and all the sliding doors and drawers from the main cabin.  Now all I have to do when it gets warmer is refinish all the surrounds and the other wood trim.  Keeping everything on the inside in a matt finish.  The new electrical panel cover is finished and I can start to mount the electrical switches, et al when I am ready.  I just received the new LED lights for the cabin.  Not pretty but very functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment