Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Dinghy Almost Done



The dinghy finishing is almost finished.  All of the varnish is done and the rails are all assembled.  I am awaiting more silicone bronze fasteners to finish the bow and stern board.  I am struggling to figure out the best way to install the seat boards.  The center seat is easy as I can get to bothe side to drill and counter sink from underneath.  The Bow and Stern have me stuck at the moment.  I can gain access to the front leading edge of each to drill and screw but not at the back.






















 I could use adhesive.  I could figure out some concealed clip.  I could attach from the top down at the back as it will never be sat on up tight to the ends.  I am leaning towards the concealed clip or cleat method for right now.  Just have to figure out how to do that.  I have a week until the other fasteners come in.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment