Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Monday, June 2, 2014

More Bench Work

The next step in the bench rebuild portion after the oil pan installation was the bell housing on the rear.  This hosing was what the transmission bolted to but also had the two rear engine mounts bolted to it. With all the bolts torqued to spec I got ready to install the front gear timing case.  I dry fit it once and it went on as easy as the book says it should.  I don't know how it got so jammed up when I was taking it off.  I added the blue seal and the gasket and bolted it all together.  Once the case was on I added the front engine mounts and it was starting to look more like an engine again.






I set the bolts for the cylinder head back into the block and torqued them down.  Installed the new head gasket and bolted down the cylinder head in the correct sequence and to the required torque.  This was a stopping point as I felt the inside of the engine was no longer exposed and the assembled weight was going to be about the limit I could carry upstairs and outside to my make-shift bench for the final assembly.


No comments:

Post a Comment