Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Friday, January 4, 2013

To be seen




The Flag and staff are finished and I made a mounting base from Sappelli to add to the stern trim.  It is mounted with Silicone Bronze screws and then I bore a 1 inch dia hole to take the staff.  The staff is secured with a recessed ss screw in the base.  Now I can clip on the flag when on board and the staff will stay securely in place when I am not.















I picked up another AquaSignal Series 25 Anchor Light.  I then took it all apart and ripped out the guts so I could mount in my Bebe LED anchor light bulb.  These are made in Fiji by local people and shipped all over the world to sailors.  They are prized for their brightness and durability.  The Series 25 housing is just to give it some more protection from the elements but it could exist just fine as it is made.















I picked up a small diameter Master Lock will in the store to help keep the honest people honest.  i still need to improve the rubber stops that I made on the doors that no longer protect the paint job since I added this cam lock.  I am waiting to see if I leave the doors on when sailing in nice weather or take them off as I plan with the lift off hinges.
I also assembled the required flares and visual aids for coastal cruising and put into a plastic case I had.  There were actually flares on the boat when I bought it from 1981 and 1996.  They are only good for 3 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment