Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Getting Comfortable

 I have been poking around ideas on how to best outfit the interior.  High on my list was new cushions in the cabin.  I am guessing the foam inside of them was original.  11 years ago when I got he boat the Admiral sewed new covers.  The foam inside stunk so bad we soaked them in the tub in a mild bleach solution to kill anything that might be growing.  We did this because buying new foam seemed kind of expensive and having just built the house we were watching the dollars more closely.  Now after the cushions residing in the basement for 10 years it was determined the covers needed to be washed and I wanted new foam in the two main cabin cushions.  I found 4 inch foam locally at a discount place and had new foam for both cushions for $70.00.  That's about 30% of what it should be.   So the boat has newly washed, fresh covers over nice new foam.  Then to go the extra mile the Admiral decided we needed fitted sheets and proceeded to make fitted sheets for all 4 cushions and is working on pads as well.  I will be looking around for 4 medium size salon cushions that can fit into a pillow case and double as a pillow at night.


My latest find was a hanging closet organizer to keep the the hanging locker from going to waste.  It fits perfectly and leaves room on the the side for a hung jacket.  There is also more room in behind it so i may add some hooks for hanging foulies.

No comments:

Post a Comment