Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Monday, April 30, 2012

A Little Putzing

No real solid blocks of time to work on the boat, just a an hour here and there.  I finished sanding the window trims and exterior handrails.  I taped off all adjoining areas and will now look for a 7 day window where schedule and weather will allow varnishing. 


 Varnish has arrived and now I am waiting the window.  I also ordered the fuses for the mega blocks on the ACR and two more blocks and fuses for the battery banks.  100A on the ACR 125A on the batteries.
 I placed all of the varnished teak items back on the boat some of the hinges mounted but a lot more screws are required.  I mounted the forward hatch and set the hinge in butyle tape top and bottom and added an interior gasket.  The Lexan is still continuing to crack so it looks like I will have to redo that whole operation.  I will wait on that.
  Once the rails and windows are varnished then I just have to paint the cockpit.  As always I am learning as I go.  To do it all over again i would have removed the all of the windows and rails to be finished off the boat.  I just couldn't bring my self to tear it down anymore.  I just wanted to make forward progress.  lets hope that doesn't come back to bite me too bad.  ie, leaking windows and toe rails.  Sounds simple enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment