Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Parts

I am feeling very manly as I now have the motor all apart, in about 75 individual pieces.  All neatly laid out and cleaned on the bench.  I have determined that I will not re-bore the cylinder.  I have measured it a dozen times and can't duplicate the widest measurement that I had the first time.  All measurements are falling within the specifications.  So I will hone and re-ring the existing piston, re-valve the head and rebuild the motor.  I will paint all the exterior in Yanmar Gray and replace rusted out components as I go.  Replace all gaskets, seals and filters.  My only real disappointment is I can not get a good serial number off the block.  The name plate is missing and without the serial number I can not identify the year.  My Proud Parts and Pieces.







No comments:

Post a Comment