Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Outside Work

 This past weekend afforded some of the milder weather I needed for outside work.  On the agenda were hull prep, trailer and bottom anti fouling paint.  2 out of 3 ain't bad.  I managed to completely pressure wash the hull and all the old anti foul.  90% came off with just a pressure wash.  I worked on the patched through hulls which will require a little more sanding and then i can apply the bottom paint.  I did decide on the Micron CSC and should order this week.  Don't know when I will get it on pending a weather window.  I did read that the surface and outside temp must be above 50.  So that means two 60 degree days back to back.  That will be hard to come by.  I also learned that it does not need to be splashed directly after painting.  It can dry for a month or two and will reactivate when submerged with movement.

 I also cleaned off the trailer and replaced a broken tail light.  I rewired the trailer with a new plug and have all lights functioning on the trailer.  the only unknown is the brakes.  They may be frozen.  I will not know if they function until I can get a truck with a brake attachment and try them out.  I still have the trailer on blocks to keep pressure off the tires.  I will not remove that until the end as it helps stabilize the boat as I am on and off so much.  That will slow down over the couple of weeks so I might get her dropped down.

No comments:

Post a Comment