Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Loose Ends


Today was just finishing up some tasks left over from my productive day on the boat.  The big job was cleaning up all the tools and scraps and garbage that collects while working and vacuuming out all the sawdust, chips, etc.  Tools have a way of migrating from the shop to the boat but they never make it back to the shop.  So I emptied the boat of all tools.  They will probably all be back with in two weeks.

Then I opened up the screw holes for the hand holds that were covered up by the new trim.  I was then able to mark where to trim and notch the hand holds.  I notched them using the table saw and then installed them back over the trim.
  I re-glued the two trim pieces along the hanging locker top.  I spent years saving the special curved trim piece so I could re-glue it when the time came.  The time has come and I can not find it anywhere.  I have the two straight pieces but the special radius piece is missing.  I may have to recreate this now.  Very Frustrating.

And finally after 6 months of trying not to bang the doors on the new paint when I open them up I have bumpers.  I could not find them for sale anywhere so I made some out of rubber stoppers and counter sunk a hole, added the screw and washer and trimmed to length.  Not pretty but pretty functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment