Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

A little electrical

 I had a couple of hours on the boat on July 4th now that we are back at home.  I had to stop once the the temps got over 85 in the cabin.  I made the first dozen electrical connections and mapped out my next steps in wrapping up that side of the electrical.  I figured out what additional connectors I need to order and decided that I would change my mind and put the VHF at the electrical/nav station rather than at the companion way steps.  This keeps it all together.  These images are from my cell phone. Not the quality of the PowerShot.



The unit I ordered also has a GPS connection so I can show SOG, Heading, etc on the screen.  I needed a very small compact unit to fit in the small space I had allocated and settled on the Standard Horizon GX1600 Explorer.  Lots of features but a very small footprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment