Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Engine Controler

 After cutting in 50 new holes I had the confidence to cut one very large hole into the 43 year old fiberglass cockpit.  This new hole allows me to relocate the Yanmar Engine controls from a box under the starboard settee to the open cockpit.   









The installation was pretty straight forward.  I cut out the hole, marked the screw holes and drilled them out.

  I had an old aluminum box that I used as a rear shroud to protect the wires on the back side.  I attached that with butyl and the screws from the front plate.  The wiring harness was long enough to reach it's new home and reconnected everything.

 A new shield has been made and now will cover the old Yanmar B style controllers from splashing water and rain.

I also installed the shore power plug into it's old hole.  I don't know if I will use it again but it is there if I need it.  I will put the newly painted vent cover back on the other locker but need to get some mosquito netting first to deter any spiders, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment