Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Cockpit Painting


The cockpit finally got painted.  This is the only part of the boat that id sprayed.  I rolled and tipped the rest.  In the future I will spray project when ever possible now that I have the knowledge and skills required to do a good job. 

 The most difficult part of this is reaching in and around because I could not step or stand where I needed to be.  I can now remove the plastic tenting and give her a good wash down.  I may just lift it up like a skirt to get some air flow.
I am also painting all of bases for the stanchions and the bow and stern pulpit.  I would like to get all of those mounted next weekend when the girls are away.  I can drill, and back fill with epoxy then re drill and mount with butyl.







 Don't think I can tighten down unless I have someone helping on the outside.  Still need to make the backing plates for the bow and stern but that won't take too long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment