Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

On The Road Again



What is wrong with this picture.  Nothing actually.  This is how it should be.  The nest is finally empty.  After ten plus years of being nestled in the trees at the end of the driveway, əkwâr`ēəs has finally moved one step closer to the sea.  First, to satisfy the Admiral, the trailer needed all new tires.  10 years in one spot can not be good for rubber.  My appointment for the tire center was supposed to be Saturday but the forecast took a turn for the worse so I moved it up to Friday morning.  we were supposed to get a lot of rain over the next couple of days so I decided to move her out of the driveway to more solid ground.  I was unsure of navigating the turn at the bottom of the drive and did not want to be doing it in the mud.  

Thursday nights pull out proved uneventful and I parked the truck and trailer at the top of the road in an open driveway.  Friday morning I drove the 20 miles to the tire center and within 30 minutes she had all new rubber.  The old tires were not dry rotted but were definitely flat spotted.  In the late afternoon we drove out to a building a 100 miles closer to the sea and left her inside all nice and neat.  I say we, because the Admiral insisted on following me with a chase vehicle all the way in case something happened.  It was an uneventful trip as I struggled to keep it up to the speed limit.  This was my first time pulling a 10,000 lb load and it took some getting used to.

Tentative Launch date is March 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment