Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Sanding.....Again

I am well into the last round of sanding for a while.  A very long while I hope.  I am prepping all of the little wood trim in the cabin.  I plan on applying a couple coats of a matt finish poly-urethane as I think it looks better than all that gloss on interior wood work.  Unfortunately there is an awful lot of it.  Every window, every transition, all the galley fronts, the hanging locker door, the head door and frame, the nav table and locker.  That is really only half of it.  Not to mention the full engine compartment enclosure and steps.  It went on all weekend and I still am not complete.  But I am getting close.  This is not a strip down to bare wood sanding.  Just a clean up and scuff for new urethane sanding.  A lot of areas could have or should have been sanded back all to bare wood but that would set me back months.  It is time to go Sailing!!  Beautifully refinished teak inside the cabin will not make the boat anymore seaworthy; will not make it point higher or go faster.  Time to get in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment