Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Interior Finish



 I finished up all the fixed in place wood refinishing.  I still have some parts that are/were removed to be refinished in the basement.  And finally I have new trim that will need to be installed along the edges of some old and new finishes to bridge the gap. 


I installed the Garmin GMI10 unit in the old hole for the tachometer (non-functioning) and will do all the wiring next week if time permits.  I installed the new Bora fan on one of the new bulkheads.  I have a cheap oscillating fan that i may install in the forward cabin. 

I made two new cover plates that I used to cover the old holes from the 120v outlets the PO had installed.  I don't plan on any AC system so I blanked them off.  One was in the cabinet/nav table enclosure and the other was in the engine compartment wall of all places.  The disconnect box was actually mounted in the engine compartment. 

 I fixed the loose reading light at the companion way.  I took out the bulb, turned the unit upside down and sealed off the opening with butyl tape and filled the interior cavity with neat epoxy.  Solid as a rock now.  I still would love to get some real lights but they are not on the necessary budget list right now

 Although all of the interior finishes look abysmal in these photos, it doesn't look half bad in person.  The differences in color and sheen are not all that distracting.  Once I refinish all the other teak fixtures that went on the walls and reinstall those the starkness may go away and help blend.




No comments:

Post a Comment