Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

More Paint



I never would have imagined that this little boat could consume so much paint.  I am wrapping up the interior cabin painting and have gone through two gallons of epoxy paint and 3 quarts of enamel.  I am just about done and have one more round of enamel on the lower settees and another coat of epoxy paint in the hanging locker.  I will need another gallon for the cockpit lockers and engine compartment.  $230 in paint so far and another $100 to go not to mention the rollers, brushes and tape.  Add another $50.  Call it $400 for the interior paint jobs in material which is offset by the low cost of the labor.  The other bonus is I now know every square inch of my vessel intimately.

No comments:

Post a Comment