Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fresh Paint







A large push on the painting as allowed me to finish up 90% of the primer.  I still have some cut in work to do and a lot of 2nd coat under settees and in cupboards that will not be getting a topcoat of Yacht enamel.
 This week I plan on only being able to paint on Wed or Thursday so progress will be minimal but I hope to get the coach roof done with two coats of yacht enamel so I can remove a lot of the tape and paper and focus on the lower surfaces.
 This epoxy paint is a pain to work with and really smells bad making it a chore in the tight quarters you have to get into but it finishes up nice, really fills in some voids and seems to be really tough and durable.  Itr ios so nice to go on the boat and smell fresh paint instead of rotting wood and diesel oil.

In the forpeak I was able to get all the deck flange bolts cleaned off and fitted with new washers and new acorn nuts for a finished look.  It doesn't look to bad for being 40+ years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment