Sailing: The art of getting wet and becoming ill while slowly going nowhere at great expense.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Rudder Fix

Knowing that the rudder hung true I continued with the repairs.  I wrapped the assembly in 16 oz cloth and resin.  Then I cut strips of 6 oz woven cloth to wrap around like bandages.  When that set up, I cleaned with acetone and sanded again.  I then covered it all with a large piece of 6 oz cloth to give me the best surface to start fairing with.

When cured I added the first round of fairing compound.  I will sand that down and do another round today before the paint I ordered hopefully arrives tomorrow.  A day of curing then a couple coasts of Micron CSC.  She will be as good as new and ready to hang on the weekend.

I also plan on re-drilling the head with a larger pin to tighten up the tiller


.

No comments:

Post a Comment